New Jersey Litigation Associates
Golden, Rothschild, Spagnola, Lundell, Boylan, Garubo & Bell, P.C. is seeking Litigation Associates for our Bridgewater, NJ, location. The preferred candidates will have at least 1 years’ insurance defense/tort experience defending premises liability, trucking/auto, construction (personal injury and defect), dram shop, and other types of personal injury and property damage matters. Admission to both NJ State and Federal Courts required. Position requires defending NJ litigation matters from inception through trial/appeal. Responsibilities include everything related to litigation, including, but not limited to communicating directly with clients; preparing a wide range of legal documents (pleadings, discovery, motions, briefs, etc.); taking/defending depositions; court appearances; ADR; trial preparation; trial/appeal. Trial experience and ability to manage a caseload a plus. Must have working knowledge of e-filing in NJ; MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook & Power Point); time/billing programs; discovery management software. This opportunity is best suited for a bright and detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and time management skills who is looking for a positive work/life balance Accuracy, ability to work independently on multiple assignments, and attention to detail are essential. Competitive salary, excellent benefits package, in-house mentoring program and CLE credit coordination, and 401k available. GRSLBG&B is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. E-mail resume to Jfedon@grsl.com.
New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Associate
Golden, Rothschild, Spagnola, Lundell, Boylan, Garubo & Bell, P.C. is seeking an Associate Attorney with 0-4 years of experience to join its Workers’ Compensation department. The preferred candidate will have experience in the defense of New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Claims. The position requires the ability to exercise independent judgment, work proactively, and set priorities throughout the duration of each assigned matter. The candidate should be self-directed and detailed-oriented with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will manage a full caseload of Workers’ Compensation cases of varying degrees of complexity, and will be responsible for all aspects of the Workers’ Compensation cases. These responsibilities will include evaluating the merits of a Workers’ Compensation claim and providing guidance and counsel to the clients through effective communication, investigation, and medical review.
- Protect the interests of carriers and employers in all litigated matters through preparation of the file and investigation, including legal strategy through conclusion of the claim.
- Provide assertive and aggressive defense of formal claims in various Workers’ Compensation venues on a regular basis.
- Maintain communications with the carriers and employers during the formal adjudicatory process. Communicate regularly and concisely with clients, claim professionals, leadership, and others to ensure appropriate level of understanding and documentation for effective case management.
- Perform coverage analysis and legal support on claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Negotiating, settling and litigating cases, if necessary
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be currently licensed to practice law in New Jersey
- Must have 0-4 years of experience with Workers’ Compensation Cases
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Team-oriented and also able to work well independently
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and writing skills
- Ability to travel within the state and cover multiple counties.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Word, as well as legal billing and document systems a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
Salary is commensurate with experience, and a competitive benefits package is offered. GRSLBG&B is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume and cover letter to Jfedon@grsl.com.